Tuesday, August 31, 2010

September Challenge

Ahhh, September. My favorite month of the year. Cool days, cooler nights, crisp air, changing leaves, sweater weather - what's not to love about it! OK, so it's still 90+ degrees here with high humidity and wearing long sleeves could cause heat stroke. We'll just have to use our imaginations.

I was looking for some unusual fall-feeling colors when I saw this ad from Macy's several weeks ago. In addition to the colors, I also liked the variety of elements here - flowers, diamonds, birds. Lots to inspire (hopefully)!



And here's a closer look.



And the color pallette? I see Plum Pudding, Ocean Tides, Terracotta Tile, Orange Zest, Kraft and white in the inspiration picture.



Care to play along? You have all month. And maybe it will be cooler by month's end.

You can check out my card on my blog. http://pat-commonthreads.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

  1. What a fun challenge! Love the color combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great challenge, Pat! I like the colors too. I have to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Pat. Great challenge!

    Just checking, does anyone else get a little white box on the blog that says"This image or video . . ." It moves along as I scroll down the blog. Most annoying, and I can't figure out how to get rid of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, I see that little white box, too. I thought it was just my computer/settings. Like you, I've tried to make it go away with no success. Any blogspot experts here?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog!

    Have a nice time!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete