Monday, May 31, 2010

May Challenge


Nothing like just making it by the end of May. Ever since the challenge was posted, I've known what I wanted to do. My son is wearing his favorite argyle sweater in this photo taken on his 27th birthday. Once I had A Little Argyle, doing a scrapbook page seemed the thing to do. I have to admit, however, I do not find stamping a background pattern an easy thing to do. I tried Orange Zest on Vintage Cream cardstock, but the stamp just wasn't giving me consistent coverage. I finally went with a Watermark ink on Orange Zest cardstock and that worked a lot better. The patterned paper is the new Basics by Basic Grey as are the letter stickers.

6 comments:

  1. Karen, this is a wonderful layout and a great use of A Little Argyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found stamping a scrapbook page background hard too, Karen. I think from now on I'll stick to cards when I get that urge! That said, I love your page! Using the argyle stamps *does* make the perfect background for that fantastic birthday picture of your son!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your scrapbook page of your son! The argyle pattern you made matches your son's sweater perfectly and your layout/design is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Wow! What a great photo and matching stamping! It's such a happy photo of your son you can't but help smile too! Fab - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the watermark coloring with the Argyle stamp set. Great job with this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, antihero scrapbook page!!!!! This is fabulous, Karen!!! Thanks so much for playing!

    ReplyDelete