Saturday, May 1, 2010

How About a Challenge???


Today is a very special day!!! Not only is it National Scrapbooking Day, but it is also the day of our very first Papertrey Pixie Challenge, which I just happen to be hostessing! I thought it would be only fitting to somewhat combine the two occasions so my sample for the challenge is a scrapbook page. My challenge to all of you who choose to accept it is this:

***Create your own patterned paper***

The base of my layout was created using a sheet of Guide Lines I Grid Sheets cardstock and the Butterfly Dreams stamp set. I chose the colors Pure Poppy, Orange Zest, New Leaf, Raspberry Fizz and Aqua Mist based on this photograph of my daughter. The grid on the Guide Lines cardstock makes it *so* easy to line up your images! I simply stamped the butterflies in a repeating pattern until I had covered my page. I added some button accents to a few of the butterflies on the right of my page for some added interest. I *love* the way this page turned out!!!

Now I want to see your creations! Create your own patterned paper using stamps, punched images, scraps of other patterned papers - anything goes!!! You have the entire month of May to submit your challenge entries if you choose to participate. Anyone and everyone is welcome to join in so invite your friends! If you upload to another site please use the keyword PTPC1 (Papertrey Pixies Challenge 1) in order to make it easier to find your submissions and leave you some love. If you are a Pixie please upload *here*, as well as your own personal blog if you desire. Looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with!!!

14 comments:

  1. Ack - your paper is wonderful! What a great photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your patterned paper is great! Your timing is perfect, too. I saw a picture of some patterned paper yesterday and thought "That looks like some PTI stamps. I bet I could recreate that." What a fun challenge you've come up with to kick off our first month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this layout and your paper is gorgeous. I always forget about my guide lines grid sheet cardstock. What a great challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your layout! I am SO glad we have a mix of crafters in our group. Makes me so inspired to get back into scrapbooking (which I sort of abandoned a couple of years ago). I'm excited to participate in our first challenge! Thank you so much for this inspirational challenge and for setting everything up, Teresa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great challenge. Creating background papers is something I always mean to do, but don't very often even for cards. A Little Argyle arrived today, so I'll try to find a photo to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Your paper is gorgeous! What a fun challenge. Thanks for hosting it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, interesting challenge, Teresa--I'm excited because it's something I've never done before! Okay, inspiration, come find me! ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Teresa your paper is gorgeous!! I don't very often make my own patterened paper because I have soooo much of the pre-printed patterned paper. So this will be a great challenge for me. I think the Butterfly Dreams will end up in my cart this month too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Teresa - love the butterflies and the colour combo. Your daughter is pretty cute too! I accept your challenge...the challenge of course is to find time to get into the cave. Thanks for hosting and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the paper pattern you created! Thanks for hosting the first challenge-I can't wait to get started on my project.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW - now you have totally affirmed how much I need that set!! I have been after it for months (it's ALWAYS out of stock when I order) but now my life depends on it!!! That is just fantastic and the colours are perfect. Must make some time to get this challenge done!!

    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also bought this set eventhough I am not a big butterfly fan. I've only used it twice but now that I have seen your layout, I can think of another way to use those butterflies. It makes great patterned paper. I love the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just found your blog recently and am so excited anout getting some PTI challenges on my list of challenges to do now! Here's my entry for this challenge - a bit late I know but better than never right?

    http://saffiresstamping.blogspot.com/2010/06/pti-cards-from-this-weekend.html

    Hugs, Vannessa

    ReplyDelete