Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Lorraine

Hi all!  Okay, am I the last one? 

I'm an engineer by day and a mom (to a 6-yr old boy & puppy)/wife/whatever the rest of the time. 
I truly do believe that crafting helps to keep me sane.  Also gives me a chance to work my right brain (which is left alone during the day). 

I have always enjoyed creating things.  I got into scrapbooking after my son was born. 
I hit a wall with scrapbooking last year some time and somehow got on the path of cardmaking and PTI. 
I've been a goner since.  Very addicting since cards take less time to make/create. 
BUT I must and will get back into scrapbooking for my son's albums. 

Born & raised in Hawaii. 
And first off, if you've never been, we do NOT wear grass skirts and live in huts...LOL. 

Although I really do love living here, the cost of living (median price for home - $500-600K, one-bedrm condo - $225K), state of the education system (don't get me started), the need for political rehaul imo, and the island feeling too small (like a rock) are some of the things that get to me at times.  But like everywhere else, there's positives & negatives, I guess. 

I'm looking forward to getting to know each of you and to be inspired by your work.  I've already visited most of the blogs and am happy that we have such a diverse & talented group!

8 comments:

  1. No grass skirt? - but do you wear a coconut bra? *giggles* I love coconuts...mmmm.... Looking forward to getting to know you in the group!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lorraine! So great to have you as part of the Papertrey Pixies. So funny that people automatically assume everyone wears grass skirts in Hawaii. Everyone thinks all Canadians live in Igloos and we all know each other or something...LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to "meet" you, Lorraine! Looking forward to seeing more of your creations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lorraine! I look forward to seeing your work!
    It's nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lorraine! Nice to meet you! Thanks for telling us about yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, you've shattered by vision of luaus (???) round the fire and hula hula dancing!!! Only joking!

    Lovely to hear a bit about you and looking forward to getting to know more.

    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lorraine, Hawaii sounds a lot like Massachusetts!! Only we get snow to boot!!

    ReplyDelete