Thursday, April 22, 2010

Karen from PA

Hi everyone! I am really excited about this group and the opportunity to get to know all of you better. I live in Gettysburg, PA with my husband of almost 22 years and five of our six kids. The oldest has married a wonderful man and they live about 45 minutes from us. We attend the same church, so we get to see them several times a week. I homeschool my youngest four, so that is my primary focus during the days. I used to scrapbook when my children were smaller, but once I started homeschooling that became my focus. I began to get very stressed out and my husband told me I needed to find a hobby. He took me to the CKC Scrapbook Convention in Philadelphia for our anniversary that year to "find a hobby for me". He is the sweetest man ever! I think he was the only man at the convention, but he proudly held my bags and stood in the long lines for me while I looked around. That was where I discovered stamping and cardmaking and knew I had found my thing. I loved that I could sit down and work on a project and finish it in such a short time. Although I have always been crafty for as long as I can remember, I don't think anything has been as satisfying for me as cardmaking. When I first started stamping I bought so many stamps because I thought I needed everything, but once I found Papertrey I knew I had found the perfect stamp company for me. Papertrey fits my stamping style perfectly and though I use stamps from other companies, I always seem to find myself reaching for my Papertrey stamps the most. I adore all of Papertrey's products!
Well, I thought I would struggle with what to say here, but it turns out this is longer than I thought it would be. Thanks so much for letting me part of the Papertrey Pixies!

8 comments:

  1. So nice to "meet" you, Karen! I have dabbled in all sorts of other stamp companies too but I finally figured out that PTI is *right* for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to meet you, Karen! It sounds like you are one busy woman!
    We don't really live very far from each other, relatively speaking. How sweet that your hubby went with you to CKC. My husband would have been bored to tears! Are you planning on going to CKC this year? I'm pretty sure I will be going. It would be fun to meet up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Karen...from PA. =)

    Its nice to 'meet' you. Sounds like your husband is a very special man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL @ the only man at the convention - how sweet! Looking forward to getting to know you in the group!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen! It's great to meet you! I look forward to seeing more of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, home-schooling - that is a TOUGH job you have there, I'm fascinated!!

    Great to hear from you and your life and can't wait to get to know you and the other pixies better in the future.

    hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Karen! Sorry, thought I had posted a comment already. (maybe in my head i did...LOL). Looking forward to getting to know you and seeing more of your beautiful creations!

    ReplyDelete