Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Karen from New York

I'm so happy to be a part of this new group of Papertrey fans. I've been making cards for over 15 years now, then moved on to scrapbooking, and then to photography. Now I try to manage time for all three, which is easier since I retired a year and a half ago after 37 years of teaching. I taught special education for about half that time, and every grade except kindergarten. My favorite was fifth grade where I spent the most time. I have to say I really don't miss it much. I volunteer in a friend's classroom every week, and go home after my "kid fix" with no papers to grade or paperwork to complete! In addition to crafting, I volunteer in several capacities for my church, love to read, browse blogs, and spend time with my friends. Life is very good!

I've been married for nearly 37 years to my best friend, and am mom to two adult children. My daughter lives outside San Francisco. Her husband is a minister for youth and young adults, and she is a graduate student in spiritual theology at GTU in Berkeley. My son graduated with a degree in plant breeding and genetics last May. While he's looking for a job in his field, he's living with us and working full-time for a landscape company. His ideal job would be in California as he hopes to go to UC Davis for graduate school. I love visiting California, but it's too far away! I'm enjoying getting to know all of you through this blog as well as each of yours. I will try to keep up with everyone!

8 comments:

  1. Born & raised "outside San Francisco" - and I miss it so. 37 years of marriage - what an accomplishment! Looking forward to getting to know you in the group!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen from New York. Nice to meet you! You sound like a busy gal. I agree with Michelle. 37 years of marriage is an accomplishment to be proud of!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen! It's great to meet you and I can't wait to see your creations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen! It sounds like you have a really amazing family...congratulations on the 37 years of marriage. My parents will be celebrating their 44th wedding anniversary this May. Can't wait to see more of your creative work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to "meet" you, Karen! Whoo hoo for another teacher and scrapbooker in our group!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - 37 years of marriage - I thought I was doing well making it to 15!!

    Great to meet you and hearing about your life. I was a secondary school teacher for 5 years and then started having babies (5 in total!!) and haven't gone back.

    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great meeting you Karen! I so LOVE your photos! Pls keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete