Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I guess it's my turn...

Hi everyone! My name is Brenda Weaver and I'm excited to be a part of the Papertrey Pixies group. I'm actually very new to Papertrey stamps. I just bought my first set a couple of months ago, but there is sooooo much more I want to get just as soon as the budget allows. I'm loving the masculine sets just released this month, and the woodgrain...yummy! So I may not be quite as much of a PTI addict as some of you, but just give me some time (wink)
My husband and I have been married for almost 14 years and we have three kids- Nathaniel (11), Isaiah (8), and Chloe (4).
We live in Robesonia, Pennsylvania, which is about an hour North of Philadelphia.
I'm a stay-at-home mom and just recently opened a shop on Etsy where I sell cards and embellishments, etc.
I've been stamping for about six years and scrapbooking for about 10 years, although I've been crafty in one form or another almost my whole life. I recently found some clothes I designed for my paper dolls when I was a little girl. How fun! It was funny to see how everything had an 80's vibe to it.
I'm honored to have been published in several card making and scrapbooking magazines and serve or have served on a few design teams. Publishing is pretty much a focus of mine right now, but I struggle to find the time to make items to submit.
I've been having fun visiting your blogs I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and being inspired even more by your work.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Brenda!! I'm newer to PTI too so I don't have a big collection (yet) :) But i'm working on it! It's great to meet you and I look forward to seeing more of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brenda! Great to meet you. Congratulations on all the publishing accomplishments. I have been contemplating on starting to send some items in for publishing consideration...then I think what I've made wouldn't be good enough. I think I just need to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just went and flipped through May CARDs to see your pretty pink card - love that tag with the ribbon; fun! And I love the name Chloe BTW. Looking forward to getting to know you in the group!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to "meet" you, Brenda! Congrats on being so accomplished in the papercrafting world!!! It is one of my goals to get up the nerve to submit to magazines for publication!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Brenda, glad to meet you and congrats on being published, what an honour. I have had a few layouts published in the UK magazine Scrapbook Inspirations in the past but haven't tried to get published with cards yet - maybe one day!!

    Looking forward to seeing lots of your creations and soak up some inspiration from my fellow pixies!!

    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Brenda, nice to meet you! Wow, we have so much talent here! Looking forward to seeing your continued creations!

    ReplyDelete