Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Hiya, Pixies!!!

My name is Teresa. I am originally from Chicago, although I moved to Sunny Florida about 6 years ago. My husband John and I have been married for almost 10 years and we have a beautiful daughter named Kaleigh who will be turning 8 in a few short months. I work as a Special Education teacher in an Elementary school. I have been crafty all my life, something I inherited from my mom, but I didn't start stamping until after my daughter was born. I have been primarily a card maker until the last year when I really started to focus on scrapbooking. I try to incorporate stamping into every layout! I get together with two of my fellow teachers about once a month for marathon scrapping days and I am slowly converting them into stampers as well. I have been in *love* with Papertrey Ink since the very beginning and the first stamp set I bought was Butterfly Kisses. I am really looking forward to getting to know each and every one of my fellow Pixies and cannot wait to see how inspiring you ladies can be!!! I thought I would share this page with you today. It is the first scrapbook page in my album and I adore this photo of Kaleigh. It is still one of my favorites and *of course* - it has butterflies . . . ;)

8 comments:

  1. Hi Teresa. I scrap too, but it has been years. I didn't even bother to move my scrap stuff with me here, so when I get home I'll be very very behind. I like doing it though - my girls (8yo & 10yo) love looking at their books, so it makes it fun to scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter is a Kayleigh too - but with the y. Such a pretty name - great minds ;) Looking forward to getting to know you in the group!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Teresa! good to meet you! Those marathon scrapping days sound like a lot of fun!
    Your daughter is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Teresa-Your lo is beautiful! I love that you use stamping as a part of your layouts. I can't wait to see more of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo Hoo, another scrapper! Great page Teresa. I am trying very hard to incorporate more stamping into my scrapbook pages. I tend to leave the stamping to the cards. Great to learn more about you and can't wait to see more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, what a little cutie and a FANTASTIC photo!! I haven't done any scrapping for about 2 years but for a long time it was ALL I did!! Looking forward to seeing more of your lovely work.

    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Teresa!

    Your daughter is so sweet. Great page! I didn't know we could leave each other comments - awesome.

    Can't wait to see more.
    Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Teresa!
    I started off scrapbooking & crafting all sorts of things before getting into cardmaking. Loving your layout - never did incorporate stamping into my scrapbooking - but now that I stamp a lot, I will do it! (Have to get back into it.) Your daughter is a cutie and love her name.

    ReplyDelete